Pomegranate Jelly

Thursday 25 October 2012

I lusted after Barry M's Gelly Paint range from the moment I heard about it. As soon as they came out, I hot footed it to Superdrug and purchased it in Pomegranate. A delicious raspberry type shade that looks perfect for Autumn

The plus points
It's a really luscious thick formula (but not gloopy) that looked really good after one coat. (Pictured after two)
Super high shine - in terms of shine, it does what it says on the tin. A friend of mine even commented on how shiny my nails looked.
I really love the colour.

The not so plus points
It lasted no longer than my regular Barry M polishes. Granted I didn't use a base coat, but I never do. With long lasting gel manicures being so popular at the moment, you may be fooled into thinking that this polish has extra staying power because of the name. It doesn't. But to be totally fair, it doesn't actually claim to be extra long lasting.

With the only real plus point being the high shine, if you're not totally in love the colour selection, I would suggest giving this one a miss. You can achieve the same shine with a good top coat, and it will probably last longer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!