The Simple Life: Simple Skincare Review

Tuesday 8 October 2013

I really haven't been kind to my skin. I'm the first one to admit that I flit between whatever face cream is on my dresser and I am definitely that girl who is often too lazy to take her make-up off before she goes to bed.


Despite my lack of routine, I'm the first one to moan about dry skin, dull skin and break outs which lead to hyper pigmentation. So I decided to start from scratch and train myself to take up the most basic of skincare routines. Here's the deal

Morning 
Wash face with Dermalogica Microfoliant (couldn't give this up)
Moisturise with Simple Protecting Moisturising Cream

Evening
Wash face with Simple Foam Cleanser
Moisturise with Simple Age Renew Night Cream

Whenver I feel my skin needs it
Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask

The Good
After two weeks, I could tell the difference, my skin was softer and brighter and those pesky forehead breakouts had reduced dramatically. I think it's more the routine that my skin care is relishing, rather than these particular products - but either way it's working.

The Bad
Simple cleansing products just aren't that good. If you've got even slightly oily skin, they don't go very far in terms of cutting thought the grease! Both the foaming cleanser and the face mask are pretty week. There just isn't enough power in them to cut through the days grime. I found myself reverting to an old bottle of Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser which is great, but pricey!

If you haven't got a routine down, but want to start one I'd definitely recommend getting some Simple products. They're good for all skin types as they're so simple (no pun intended, just couldn't think of a better word) and they don't break the bank. Once you're in a routine, you may want to upgrade to different products depending on your skins needs, but this past month has shown me that you need to get the basics right before you start looking for miracle fixes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!