#NaturalHair - Anita Grant Organic Sapote and Coconut Pomade

Friday 13 September 2013


One of the things I really like about the Anita Grant website is that you can buy samples of so many of the products.
After tweeting the very helpful company for some advice on a clarifying shampoo - I went online to purchase the Babassu Alma Shampoo Bar. Whilst I was there, I stumbled across the Organic Sapote and Coconu Pomade which promised to tame frizz, define curls and smooth edges.


This is a great little product for when you want medium hold without the stickiness of a gel. When my hair is playing ball, and I want to turn my twist outs into a cute up do or pin back the front I don't like to use a heavy gel to hold the sides down. Not only does it make my hair look too slicked back, they also changes the texture of my hair- water based gels ruin my waves and gel based ones sit on my hair and weigh it down. Here's what I thought of this badboy.

Smell
Amazing, smells just like marzipan, however I can't see any almond in the ingredients list. Either way it's a divine natural, sweet, fruity, nutty type smell

Texture
Like a balm, melts on contact with hands and can easily be worked into hair.


Hold
A light hold that lets your hair's natural curl/wave be seen. If you like the strong hold of a gel, this product isn't for you.

Shine
Gives a nice natural sheen - not too powerful.

After Effects
The nice thing about this product is that there are no after affects. Once I use a gel in my hair it completely changes the texture and I find that I have to keep using the gel every day until wash day. This product doesn't effect my hair at all, I can use it for a up to one day, then reset over night and go back to having my hair down the next day without the top layer of my hair looking or feeling strange.

I pretty much loved it, I'll be using my little pot will it runs out, then will probably order the bigger one.

Anita Grant Organic Sapote and Coconut Pomade - £2.65 (sample size)


1 comment:

  1. Essential oils are extremely effective hair conditioner. Reconditioning and hair repair are simply one of the many benefits of argan oil, jojoba oil, along with other oil essential.

    Beauty

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!