#Natural Hair - Tresemme Keratin Smooth

Saturday 19 January 2013


Keratin is a fibrous protein which makes up our hair, it also makes up hoofs and horns but I'm guessing (hoping) that doesn't apply to anyone reading this. Hair products infused with keratin claim to restore damaged hair and boost it's natural health.

Keratin is becoming a popular ingredient in high street hair products due to the rise of the Brazilian blow dry which uses Keratin as the main ingredient to give a long lasting smooth finish to your blow dried hair.

I've not tried a Brazilian blow dry yet - does anyone know if it works on natural afro hair? But I'm always up for a bit of restorative action when it comes to my hair so I picked up Tresseme's Keratin Smooth shampoo and conditioner. The range claims to give your smoother more manageable hair for up to 48 hours after use

I've only washed my hair with this a few times so I can't really comment on the restorative power of the shampoo yet. However it did leave my hair both shiny and manageable without having to blow dry it. Here's what I found.

Scent - Smells like the standard Tresemme products on the market, not incredible but it will do
Suds - It quite a bit of shampoo to work up a lather
De-tangling - Not so good on this front, I had to work a little harder to comb the conditioner through
Curls - After washing out the conditioner my curls were really tight, much tighter than when I use my usual Olive oil Deep Replenishing conditioner.
Shine - No shinier than usual, but no duller either so thats fine
Styling - No major change here, tight curls took a bit of extra working.

It will no doubt take a few uses before I notice any change in the health of my hair.

Will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate the hard work everybody is putting in to maintain the website and all the visitors to it, the webmasters are doing great job, thanks again to all the good people. Brazilian Keratin and Brazilian Keratin Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve tried brazilian blow out or somthing like that, and inte did´nt work at all. Maybe it was Brazilian Keratin Treatment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think all Brazilian blow dries have keratin in them. It's a shame it didn't work for you, some people have really good results. I was thinking of having it done too, not sure yet though.

      Delete

All comments welcome!