Cheap Alternative For Caviar Nails

Friday 8 June 2012



Ciate’s Caviar Manicure is big business right now, but it also comes with a big price tag. The manicure set which contains a bottle of regular polish and bottle of the caviar beads cost £18.00. I think the effect looks great but I wasn’t prepared to pay that.

So I got to searching online and found a craft seller on ebay selling packets of similar beads for £1.99.

The beads come in a little bag which I think actually works better as it means you can dip your wet nail into the bag rather than pouring the beads from a bottle. Less mess, less waste.

Here’s my step my step

  1. Do a base coat in the same colour as your chosen bead – allow to dry
  2. Apply another coat, then immediately place the damp nail into the bead bag
  3. Press the beads down into the nail
  4. Allow to dry them apply a clear top coat to the tip of the nail.
N.B from step 2 onwards you really need to do one nail at a time. It's a lengthy process but I think it's worth it.

I did the nails last night, woke up this morning and the beads were still in tact. Obviously a few has fallen off but nothing noticeable. I’m guessing they’ll probably last for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!