#NaturalHair - Retaining Length

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Now that I'm paying more attention to my hair, and reading so many amazing blogs I've decided that the time is right for me to try to tackle that age old afro hair conundrum - how to retain length.

I'm ashamed to say that I was one of those people who used to say 'afro hair just doesn't grow past a certain length.' In actual fact, afro hair grows around half an inch each month - that's 6 whole inches in a year! Just image the twists out I could rock if I managed to retain all of that! The problem is that many people - myself included - struggle to retain that growth due dry unprotected ends.

Now that I know better I am determined to keep a hold of as much of my hair growth and prove my old self wrong. Even if I just retained 50% of the growth, it would make a massive difference. I thought about kicking off with a trim, but I decided against it as I'm to cheap to pay for one and I don't trust myself!

I'll still be testing out products along they way, however I'll be making sure that my ends are tucked and wrapped as much as possible to give them the fighting chance they need. I'll also continue to use my oil formula - castor, rosemary and lavender - to encourage as much growth as possible.

I'll be making myself a length check t-shirt too so that I can document my efforts - post to follow shortly!

Wish me luck.....again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!