Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream

Tuesday 14 May 2013


It’s official. I’m getting old. I remember the days when I could go to sleep – face covered in all sorts of nasty eye makeup and bronzer from the night before wake up with no side effects other than a dirty pillow. If I were to try that nowadays, I’d wake up to dry, dull, spotty, angry skin and a dirty pillow.

So I decided it was time for a night cream, the one I really wanted was Neal’s Yard’s Vitamin E and Avocado Night Cream. I’d read some good reviews and when I tried it on the back of my hand in the shop it felt so thick and luscious I was sure it was the one. But for £21 a pot I thought I’d shop around to see if I could find anything cheaper before committing.

After busting open a few boxes in various shops to test the products – don’t pretend you haven’t done it – I finally found one under £5 which was close in texture to the Neal’s Yard version. All of the other cheaper products I’d tried were as thin as my day cream, which kinda defeats the point. Your night cream is designed to seep into your skin during your 8 hours of sleep. It’s there to offer intense moisture and restoration so it should feel much richer than your day cream. Plus this one got some extra points for being 93% organic. It also contains hyaluronic acid – meant to plump and soften skin - however for the price of the product I’m sure it’s less than half a drop.


I’ve been using it every night for around 10 days and so far this night cream has treated me pretty well. It feels pretty rich when it goes on, however by morning it has completely sunk into my skin. I have definitely noticed that my skin is softer in the morning. Not sure if it’s brighter, however my skin definitely feels in better condition than it used to the day after I’ve worn make up.

I am now a woman who needs a night cream! What next?!

Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream - £3.49 boots (on offer at the time of writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!