Shell Out For Shellac

Wednesday 22 August 2012


I’ve never really been interested in gettin’ my nails did. Idon’t wear falsies and the thought of spending £20+ for a simple buff andpolish just seems silly. I can do that at home and I’d rather spend the £20 ona new top.

However, I recently buckled to peer pressure and bought aGroupon deal for a Shellac Manicure

What is a Shellac Manicure? You ask. Well, for the beauty novices like me, Shellacis a special kind of gel nail varnish that once set under a UV lamp dries instantlycreating a smooth high gloss gel lacquer on your nail. The best thing about itis that a Shellac Manicure lasts for up to 2 weeks with no chipping or flaking.

I love painting my nails but I hate it when it starts to peel and look messy. The thought of perfect nails for two straight weeks was just too tempting so I thought I’d give it a go. And I have to say, I was pretty impressed. The picture above was taken 11 days after having the manicure done. When you factor in the fact that 3 of those days were spend climbing trees at Centerparcs the result is actually quite brilliant

I got mine done at USA Star Nails on Battersea Rise Rd,however everywhere seems to do it nowadays. Keep a look out for discounts asall the daily deals sites seem to be offering them at the moment for around£20.

Ever the savvy sister – my next investment is definitely going to be my very own Shellac kit. I’ve seen them online for around £60, so after a few applications the thing will have paid for itself.

Well that's the plan anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!